Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Garden City was the Twilight Zone of Poodle Judging

I just spent an entire weekend in the Poodle Twilight Zone of judging!!! I've rarely seen such weird judging in my entire career as an exhibitor. Dogs went up as Winner's that should not have, and then given group wins. Just plain weird. The Specials got dumped everyday, but one. Class dogs/bitches went up over them...and then onto a Group I and II.

This does not speak well of the AKC judges training program, in my opinion. What on earth were these judges thinking??? Toddie Clark and Stephen Hubbell both fumbled the ball. I know she hates judging poodles, but what about him? Is he just too old???? I don't have the answers, but I won't show to either of them again. What a waste of money, time and lot's of effort.

Is it too much to ask for a little consistency from these judges??? Lee Reason was the only judge that was consistent. The other two were a joke. Not only did they judge poorly, but they selected their winner's that were completely against what they have done in the past.

No comments: